Sunday, August 21, 2011

Nathan: The Boy Wonder

Nathan loves bananas.  I admit I indulge his addiction.  Here is Nathan stuffing his face once again... so shameless.

Nathan is so lucky to have grandparents nearby.  Here he is enjoying his favorite past time with Grandpa Moore.  Actually, I think reading is Grandpa Moore's favorite past time too.  Hmm... maybe that's where Nathan gets it from.

Nathan's best friend, Maggie.  Maggie has begun following Nathan around the house whenever we go visit Grandma and Grandpa.  It's probably because Nathan walks around with food in his hand and occasionally drops  a few pieces.  I'm not convinced this is accidental.

When it's too hot to play outside, Nathan and I get a little creative indoors.  Here is a little fort we built.  I caught Nathan having a little quiet time on his own doing his favorite thing of course- reading a book.


Nathan is finally getting some decorations in his room!  He's had blank walls since he was born, so I finally decided to make a change.  I found these cute little stickers with monkeys and I couldn't resist.


 Nathan has been dabbling in a little art recently.  He's colored his first picture and in this picture I've captured Nathan doing his first finger painting project.  Things of course got a little messy. That's how I know it was a success.


So that's Nathan... the boy wonder.  He never ceases to amaze me.  Recently he's been learning something new every day.  He now can point to his belly, nose, eyes, head and if he's in a good mood, his ears.  He pops popcorn with his hands during the popcorn song and twists his fingers around when singing the itsy bitsy spider.  

My favorite thing that Nathan does, though, is dance. It's just how every man should dance- nothing fancy, keeping it simple.

 He also has recently said his first word... "achoo."  Yes, this is the sound a person makes when sneezing, but it's still a word and we're counting it.  Am I upset that my son chose to say "achoo" before "mama"? Upset, no, a little bitter? perhaps.  I blame Grandma Moore and Grandpa Fisher who like to use the sneezing sound as a way to coax giggles out of my son.  Maybe if I made the word "mama" hilarious I could get Nathan to say it.  I'll let you know how this project goes...

Today the sweetest thing happened that Nathan has never done before- he leaned over and gave me a kiss!  He puckered and everything.  It's difficult to describe how wonderful this made me feel, but to try and sum it up... all the poopy diapers, screaming fits, slaps in the face, spit up all over my clothes, food thrown everywhere, piles of laundry, late night bedside visits, and early morning wake-up calls were worth it. 

Since Nathan was teased so much about his weight at the family reunion, he has taken to jogging in place when he has free time so he can get into shape.  People really need to be more sensitive- my son has ears (I know because he can point them out to me) and he hears the name calling that goes on. So no more calling Nathan "Big guy," "Chubs," or "The Incredible Bulk." Oh, and no "Chunks" either.

 

2 comments:

  1. That is SO cute! I love the running in place. :D. And, Nathan, I don't think you are chunky or chubby or in any way fat... you are just big (really big) compared to Josh. :) I love ya Nathan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new decorations! Andres has the same love for dogs and I'm sure they love him for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete